FALL RIVER, MA – October 16, 2015 – Aquabotix, a marine technology company delivering the accessibility of today’s electronics products to the complex world of underwater ROVs, announces the launch of Hybrid ARV. Premiering at Oceans ’15 in Washington, D.C., Hybrid ARV meets the evolving demands for underwater exploration and inspection. Hybrid ARV is the first true hybrid AUV/ROV for shallow water tasks.
Hybrid ARV is single person deployable and has full Windows support for mission management, remote control and data viewing and analysis. Portable and battery powered, the Hybrid ARV configuration includes:
- Five Swiss Made High Torque Motors
- Side Scan Sonar, GPS - Also available: Scanning Sonar, DVL, USBL, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Sensor Package including Depth, Temperature and Digital Compass, Additional environmental sensors available
- 1080 p True HD Quality Camera with Continuous Focus and Tilt
- 100 m of Neutrally Buoyant Tether for ROV Operation
- Depth Rating 100m – Also available with 300 m Depth Rating
- 8 Pounds of Payload Capacity for customer specific applications
- High Intensity LED Lighting
Hybrid ARV operates on lithium battery technology with a standard operational run time of 4 hours. All mission planning is completed in an intuitive windows based application to run the vehicle in autonomous operation. Switching to ROV operation is simple, attach the tether to remotely control the vehicle’s six degrees freedom of motion. From case to the water in under 3 minutes, the Hybrid ARV is easy to deploy and requires no daily maintenance beyond charging.
“The Hybrid ARV was developed to change the way underwater surveys are performed. Customers will no longer need two vehicles to perform evaluations of the underwater landscape,” said Durval Tavares, President & CEO, “For broad range searches, the Hybrid ARV is easily programmed to conduct grid or linear searches in AUV mode. For more thorough analysis of conditions, operators attach the tether and maneuver the ROV to capture detailed images and data readings. The Hybrid ARV interface and controls are intuitive requiring no formal training and a short learning curve. Built with state of the art technology, The Hybrid ARV offers the ultimate in underwater evaluation capability.”
Hybrid ARV pricing starts at $55,000 and is currently available for pre-order from Aquabotix. For more information, please call: (508) 676-1000.